Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Life's Unexpected Moments

I've known I was pregnant again for sometime now. Feelings of being scared, and not thinking I could handle another one have now been taken over by the hope for a daughter, I actually went out and bought a cute little dress for her even though I was only 10 weeks. Then, I woke up one morning and knew something was wrong. I'm currently going through the second miscarriage in my life. While it's emotionally and physically draining, I'm also relieved. I only gave birth to my son 2.5 months ago, that's a little soon for me. I'm mourning this loss, but also rejoicing in the beautiful sons I have here with me. It has made me cling to them even more (if that's possible) and tell them I love them more times in a day (again, if that's possible). I have had great support from my Mom, and sisters (who are taking turns bringing me dinner and taking the boys for a few hours). I'm so lucky to have a family that rally's around when times get tough. I wish Kevin was here, he's been down this road with me before and it'd be lovely to have him here. I miss him so much it hurts, but I know that this year is just a blip on our 80 year road (yes thats right K I'm forcing you to live to 99, but I'll be 100 so deal lol). I miss Louisiana now more than ever and cant wait to get back to my friends. I'm just said that I got close to some of them AFTER I'd left.

So to all the pillars of strength in my life, thank you. I love you.

1 comment:

slcslc said...

I wish I could get myself out there to help with whatever you need. I'm so glad you have your family around. Miscarriages wreak havoc on every part of the system, I'm sorry Kevin isn't here right now.

I love the musical accompaniment even if it does make me cry.