Monday, July 12, 2010

Crazy Expectant Mom

I wish more people understood that I am not insane, and I really do know what causes pregnancy, lol. I DID plan to be pregnant and probably give birth to my second child while my husband is an active duty, deployed Infantryman.

The reasoning behind my decision? For starters, I was ready to have my 2nd (and probably last) child because my first will be 2 at the end of this month and I don't want my kids 5 years apart! Then I also would like Kevin to be the father of my children, so I had to think if something happened to him- he ends up in a wheel chair, is hurt badly or God forbid, ends up being KIA I had better have #2 before he leaves. Lastly, I know that I am capable of handling 2 children by myself. I have 7 neices and nephews and have watched several of them for long periods of time with no issues. I know that 2 kids alone is something I am more than equipped to handle.

So, no I am not insane. It wasn't an accident. I am excited,nervous, scared, ready and not ready all at once. That is all! :)

1 comment:

N said...

There is no such thing as a right time to have another baby! I think that you and Kevin are great parents, and while things will be hard while he is gone, I have no doubt that you are strong enough to be a mommy to two great kids!!