Monday, November 28, 2011

The Big D

Divorce.

Not a word I ever expected to be applied to me.

Shocked. Heartbroken. Shattered...I'm slowly gathering up the pieces of myself and trying to put them back together. Trying to make sense of how it all came HERE, to THIS. Still so much love, still so much life to live together. It doesn't really matter now, the chips have fallen and I believe we both came out on the losing end. Pain. Fear...but also hope, and renewal. My best friend, gone...not the same...but not entirely different.

Tired. Anxious. Regretful...and longing...oh the longing.

Tears. Anger. Love. Forgiveness...the last of these is the most important. Must forgive...for us. For our beautiful boys...so forgive I do. I still love you. I'm still here. I miss you...wherever you are.

1 comment:

N said...

Jesus Mandi, I'm hurting for you so much. I'll write you more through a private FB message, but please know that I am here for you. Let yourself mourn and be hurt, it'll allow you to heal, learn and grow stronger and better. Hope is the light at the end of the tunnel. Who knows, maybe he'll figure out his whatever is going on in his head, and things could be great between you again.