Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Two Weeks In

Here I am, 2 weeks in to my first deployment, my kids are still alive and so am I- so that's a plus! It's been an up and down kind of time since Kev left. Lots of sad- missing him and hearing Mason call for him, and lots of happy- being surrounded by my loving family again and seeing how much Mason loves all of them too. So far, it's been nice to be back in Tremonton. I really enjoy being around my parents, sisters & the kids again, what a huge support system I have right within my own lil' family :) Been tough too, not having a place that is just mine and Mason's (soon to be Judah's too)! Still trying to figure out how to close on the other apartment without having to go all the way back to Louisiana, but that may be my only option. I also miss Louisiana, it's the first place I've lived (outside of California) that has really felt like "home", who knows why though. There isn't much around but I still love(d) it. The weather is killing me, I went from the 80's in LA to the stinking 40's here in UT! BRRR!!! I've had a horrible head cold and asthma troubles from the minute we hit UT, but I'm hoping it'll go away soon. I've gotten to talk to Kevy a few times here and there on SKYPE and FACEBOOK, I even got a phone call on Monday! It's hard to be SO far apart from each other, but I am incredibly proud of him and am honored to be his wife. The struggles only strengthen the love I have for him, and I know he feels that way too.

In other news I'm totally counting down the days until I get to meet Judah! I can't wait to see what (and who) he's going to look like, what kind of baby he will be, and mostly how Mason is going to react to being a Big Brother! I'm nervous too tho, I will be a Mom of 2 after he arrives...and a SINGLE Mom at that for about 9 months after he's born, curious to see how I adjust as well. I really LOVE the idea of just having my two boys, so I'm thinking about getting my tubes tied after Judah arrives, I just don't think I could handle anymore kids, 2 is enough for me.


I'm hoping to have pictures from Kev sometime in the near future to share with everyone, but for now here are a few I took before he left.




No comments: